Monday, December 22, 2003

Yay! Holidays are coming up. Going to camp... which Ange is not going to. (gruk glares sullenly at the general direction of TARC) I'm pretty psyched tho'. Seems like a good way to escape for a while... I've been wanting that since last year.

Holidays are coming up and the stress is increasing. I don't really see why people love th' hols so much. I tolerate it, though I can't say I like the tension that seems to accompany it. Mother gets awfully pissed about something or other while Married Brother and Wife does a dangerous dance with certain death trying to juggle between both families- his and hers. My mom is naturally unrelenting, wanting my bro to stay home. He, on the other hand wants nothing more than to make everyone happy whilst trying not to give in too much. They relent at last and get awfully unhappy and discomfited. Mother pretends to be satisfied with whatever arrangement they've cooked up (she really isn't)- and end up terrorizing the household. Everyone treads on eggshells until the hols are over. We start breathing again on the 29th. Take that down on your calenders. I'll be holding my breath til then. (Yup, and this is as close to how I'd get to bitching about my obviously dysfunctional family events)

Thank God for camp! Freedom!

Merry Christmas, all.

No comments: